Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow and cold.

The past week was quite uneventful. In the 11 hours and 150 trainer miles i successfully made my rear tire more square than it already was, and brought new meaning to the term "burning rubber"


The trainer has become worn on the metal wheel ever since last winter. It is somewhat satisfying to see the metal i have polished by riding, if somehow this could be made into lucrative business.
With the temperatures in the low to mid teens before windchill is factored in, there was no way i was heading out. This also gave me the opportunity to reacquaint myself with some killer 80s action movies. Yes, my week was full of explosions.


I officially start training with power this week, it will be very interesting to see what kind of increases i can achieve throughout the season, and if it proves to be a success, one will be on my MTB before next season.











In other news, My car has to go. It just isn't worth the $40 a week to keep it operating. It is just too much of my budget, and i really only need to go to school and work during the winter, which are both within a 5 mile radius from home. So if anyone reading this wants to buy vintage water cooled VW, I'll have one in my garage.





Give or take 60 days until race season!





Chris

No comments: