Tuesday, January 8, 2008

It is ...so warm out i cannot believe......oh wait, yeah i can.

The new job up in Amherst's training schedule is getting to me. It is not necessarily the hours, as much as when they are. It is when i should be waking up anyway, so after i adapt to it i will try so hard to keep that schedule. 6:30-7am is a good time to get up for a 10am race. Well, i went for a ride in the dark tonight seeing as it was 64 degrees out. I put the back light on the Ergomo and it was awesome. I did cut the ride a bit short just because i have been feeling tired from the lack of sleep, but enjoyed my time out. Tomorrow night after work i will ride the bike path for a few hours, and maybe get lost in buffalo for a bit more. Keeping track of watts is cool stuff, i almost don't want to ride any other bike than the one with the power meter on it, but i can see that changing some day in march when i am tired and don't want to see my lack of watts.
Numbers are dangerous. Numbers are helpful. Numbers are a bit of a paradox, they can be used to tell you how well you will preform, and what you need to do that. Obsession with numbers, or bad numbers can be discouraging or bad for training. With that said, i am currently very happy with my numbers, i have lost 7 pounds that i had put on in the late summer and my watts have stayed the same. I am happy with the number i am at for pounds/inch (2.19) and will continue to lose weight until my power/weight ration changes in a negative manner. Right now everything is looking very good, and i will probably end up stabilizing when i lose 5 more lbs and have a lb/in ratio of about 2.11.

Got to get some sleep,
later :)

No comments: