Thursday, January 17, 2008

Power Zones.

Yesterday was the first half of my power testing. 5 minute, 1 minute, and sprints. I did better than i expected in the test, happy about that. It will be interesting to do the 20 minute functional threshold power test (FTP) this upcoming week. We tried to order my bike, guess what? All out. I guess there will have to be a plan b. If it involves me building it with the parts i choose, all the better. I definately want these wheels or some sort of variant of them for racing.

1120g? 33psi max?! Crazy stuff, i have ridden light wheelsets, but nothing below 1400g. These things are definately gnarly.

Tonight i rode in the dark, it was snowing lightly. I climbed for 9 miles but it was a slow recovery ride, so i only had the illusion of working. It was calm and i only got passed by about 10 cars the whole ride so it was good.

Few things excite me like building a new bike. I am almost happy that they were out? If we find one that is great too, but i love finding out how nice i can make a bike, unfortunately for me there is a low price cap, but that will add to the challenge. I declare right here in this awesome blog, that is shall be sub 20lbs with pedals, decent tires, and water bottle cages. (i may or may not have to leave the crank off for that weight) Remember, that is a big boy frame size too...