Saturday, January 19, 2008

More cold, and snow!

Today was not only my longest ride of the training season so far, but the coldest. A little more than 3.5 hours and 50 miles ridden at a somewhat brisk pace on my MTB. It was snowing in 90% of the areas i was in, and my glasses were unusable after 1.5 hours. The highlight of my ride was quite possibly falling down on clarksburg road, as someone predicted this earlier. The hill was about a 20% grade where i fell, i was going about 20, and it was ice. Needless to say, i slid some 15-20 feet. Not hurt, and a little amused i continued my ride. My water froze 3 times, and my last stop was at sprague brook park, where i basked in the heat of the bathrooms there, and filled my bottle up with sulfur tasting water. It was a fun ride even with the cold. The lowest temp i experienced was 18 degrees in springville, and the highest was 24 in hamburg. Yes, most of my clothes froze, and my balaclava was not exempt from this, forming a funny shape around my neck.

I really enjoy these fleece lined leg warmers i won at the October mtb race. Every time i wear them i am glad i didn't pick the other prize, whatever it was.



I unfortunately didn't remember my camera, but here are some pics of the aftermath.


No comments: