Friday, March 21, 2008

No car, NYC, and tired times.

Since my last post, spirits have been a bit better. Part of the malaise was that i sold my car. My second car technically, i bought it with my own money after i crashed my first car less than 3 months after getting my licence. It was a 1990 VW convertible. It was a piece of my teens and i was sad to see it go. It made me feel old. I put a lot of time and money into that car, and had a lot of good times in it.

Photobucket



BUT.....i need something better for travel, and my bike is on its way. Rumor has it, Doug may have some Reynolds carbon wheels for me to use!





At the moment i won't drive anything, probably ending up buying a van or something in a few months when racing really starts. For now, riding 5 miles to school is OK, and sometimes mom's taxi takes me to work ;)




The last week i put in a whopping 3 hours of riding, a bit less than was called for. I felt the general malaise of winter combined with some midterm stress. Hopefully i am recovered well because...




I am riding 330 miles downstate on monday/tuesday.




Amtrak really sounded like a drag, and for about the same price i can put in two 12 hour days in the saddle! I am visiting a friend down by NYC for 5 days or so and decided to ride, because i am crazy or something. So tomorrow i will put aero bars on my bike, and ship my stuff to her, and head out monday morning. I am super excited to get away for a week, but even more excited to spend some good time with my much missed friend.




I promise a full report with pictures sometime next week, but for now, later!

No comments: