Wednesday, April 23, 2008

No Pictures :(

So the MTB is together and running, i have kind or gotten used to disc brakes, and the bike is dialed in pretty decent. The schwalbe racing ralphs are pretty huge and awesome, and the bike is stiff as all getout.

This past saturday consisted of a 4.5 hour ride with Andrew out to sprague brook for some riding. I have a like/hate relationship with the brook, because the trail is decent to hammer on, but it is not technical in the least, and you can hardly sit down because of little roots that bump you. At a race pace these aren't noticeable, but just riding makes for an uncomfortable day in the saddle.

I felt a bit sluggish and i found out why the next morning, as my lungs felt like a momma bird had regurgitated food to me, and it went down the wrong pipe. I went for a 2.5 hour easy ride anyway, thinking it was from dust the day before.

I should have known better. Later that night at work, i got sick. So now it is wednesday and i have missed work, school, and riding since sunday, not to mention a bike demonstration i was supposed to give to some boy scouts.

This sunday is Greenbrier where Corey, Alex, and I will race AMBC down in Maryland. I'm not expecting much out of my first semi-pro race as i haven't done a race yet! The competition will probably be decent, some guys who were in europe for the last 4 months or something.

Goal: Don't be last!

2 comments:

Jason Hilimire said...

ha, that was my same goal for Sea Otter. I beat one guy, woulda done better but stupid chainring gremlins....

Regan Woodall said...

Hey man! I've been pretty good. hopefully be upgrading to semi pro for nats. I plan on being at new york and vermont this year. how about you?