Tuesday, April 8, 2008

New Bike, Nice Weather.

Green Machine


Well, it appears as though spring has finally sprung. On my was back from Poughkeepsie, my friend Kate's mom with whom i was riding home with, was awesome and we stopped in Ellicottville to pick up my bike from Dennis at the Ellicottville bike shop. Dennis, an enthusiastic being and cool as well, opened up at 9pm on sunday so i could pick up my rig, a Scott Scale 20.



There were some parts i wanted to change, and to be honest, last week i was quite tired. I swapped out the 175mm crank for a 180mm, got some Alpha Q riser bars, switched to notubes, a sram chain, put an xt shadow rear derailleur on it instead of the xtr that come on it which i would surely roast in short order.


And....I got my fork from fox! A Fox RLC 100.

I rode her once on a very muddy day and me thinks i likes it. It is about a pound heavier than i am used to, but it has disc brakes which are supercool, and a stiffer fork than previous rides. I still have to dial her in, and the wheels are a bit heavy at 1850g/pair, but my coach Doug is getting a pair of these that i will be using in races. This should alleviate the heavy wheel problem.


Went on the first group ride of the year tonight, felt good. Would like to be a bit stronger going into Greenbriar, my first ever semi pro race, but no big deal, i did put on 10lbs on my vacation that will be gone, and another 5 should leave as well. So that is like 45 free watts, right? ;)

No comments: