Thursday, November 4, 2010

Going Pro.

Well it's official, I'm on a Professional team. The American Classic/Kenda team based in NC. It's unreal. There is so much racing on deck for next year! We will be going to the SERC series, which is a 10 race series of races in the southeast, a bunch of NUE 100 mile races, and some big races, such as Sea Otter, and nationals. Needless to say, i'm stoked.

I've been putting in some good foundation miles in the last month and shedding the weight i need to to race at the top level. It's actually been relatively easy because of the high motivation level I'm currently enjoying.

Went down to NC last weekend for a little team camp. Did some cyclocross racing on Sunday on my new Blue with Rotor chain rings, which do indeed work and feel awesome!

I didn't feel so awesome at the cross race, still suffering from a lack of sleep and car legs i think. From the gun i got a decent start but a crash in front of me immediately put me back 35 places or so. I spent the rest of the race chasing, and actually had quite a bit of fun picking people off!

My average power for the whole race, coasting included, was 304w, so i can't be in that bad of shape! Hoping to get to a few more before the season is over!

I promise more updates this fall with glorious (or not so much) pictures.

1 comment:

Andrew Brautigam said...

So pro, fo sho. I want pics of the fancy pants CX bike!