Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Greenbrier, in an eggshell.

Went up to the MD this past weekend, for some racing in Greenbrier state park there. Last year was a disaster. I was sick, tired, and broke my bicycle, then rode it for a lap with a flat before deciding to quit.

This year was much better, a starting field of 22 or so in my first real pro race. The usual suspects were there, but this time i got to race with them! The race started out fast, but not too fast with humidity high and temps in the mid 90s. Hanging in the lead group, someone in front of me flubbed part of the 2nd uphill and i had to dismount. This is where i lost contact with the leaders. I felt good about that, 3rd race of the year and all.

I quickly realized that i was getting caught by the pack and gave it. Fatiguing at a consistent rate and finishing in 11th place, good enough to qualify for the national championships i am not going to, but out of the cash!

I am still a bit sore and it is now Wednesday...did i mention i got a new bike?

Michaux this weekend? I'm not too good for the longer stuff, so maybe this will help me, if not be a bit embarrassing.











No comments: