Sunday, September 7, 2008

Settling in.

I've almost been living in Harrisonburg for a month. I wore myself down pretty good the first week and got sick in the second. I picked up a job at one of the local shops, and do other odd jobs. Meeting more people than i can remember from students at JMU to cyclists, and getting to know my housemates now.


My house, which was an absolute war zone upon moving in, has been cleaned up and is now fit for occupancy.

The terrain is everything i could ask for. The climbing is steady and long. 3000 vertical ft climbs at 7-8% grade. The mountains to the east and west are both full of great trails, and the mountains to the west i have barely explored. It is definitely making me a better rider. The rocks have been taking their toll on me.


But enough talk for now and some pictures:

1 comment:

Andrew Brautigam said...

you call those trails? HA!