Monday, May 26, 2008

Speeding up...

I held the Tymor post off while I waited for the results. The results are in, and i wasn't dead last! I was however a good half hour behind the leader. It's ok, i felt like a rubber chicken legs and did ride the awesome single track very well, way ahead of myself in that department this year.





Pictures:
Being sick for a month really took a lot out of my training and combined with the end of school did it as well. Now that both are things of the past, i feel better already! Sunday i decided to do a BBC club race, boston colden, which features a fair amount of climbing and would be a chance to gain some top end fitness i have been lacking, and some fun!



It went well, for me at a road race. Which means i miss some decisive move and get out sprinted. It was fun, and i felt really good. I played it a bit smarter than in the past besides stashing my bottles in the woods. It takes a lot to play catchup in a road race! Besides that, i felt in complete control of the chase group. That is always a good thing, but i probably should have started to put the hurt on earlier up the hill because i couldn't drop the guys who beat me on the flat before the finish despite weaving like a madman. It was fun! the club races are really starting to get good turnouts!


Rode home afterwards, and attempted to collect all the bottles i had strewn about the boston hills...


Looking back on the power file, it looks more like a hard training ride than a race:

1 comment:

Regan Woodall said...

hey man! hows the training and racing been going? I will be at New York and Vermont this year. what are the trails like at windham?