Thursday, July 19, 2007

Corfu, overreaching and more.....

Well, my semi-weekly update of this is due. Well, racing at Corfu, on the road was fun. I was extremetly tired, and the race was suited for it. Jay Joslyn broke away, and despite my efforts to get someone chasing him, no one wanted to go. So i did some work for fitness' sake, and went about the race. It was 6 laps in a flat corse out by Darien lake with one little riser hill at the finish. So everyone more or less went easy in the laps ahead. About a mile from the finish another rider broke off. I just thought that he would be reeled in, but again, no one could or wanted to chase. So it came down to the last hill. I was out front, not wanting to be boxed in, but i was also going slow. A gentleman was to the right of me thinking the same thing. We accerated. I went harder and the guy next to me dropped back. About 15 feet from the finish 4 riders went past me. two on my left, and on rider on the right. My finish was 6th. Not bad i for how i felt that day.

After a rest day, and a light evening ride with some red door teammates, I thought i would be ready for the wednesday night race. went hard off of the start, but the same thing happened this week as last week. I was all of a sudden going slow. On the second climb, i was in second by a few feet, but i pulled off. Nationals are in 10 days, and i want to be back in shape for them. Hopefully i am not the definition of 'overtrained' and i am just a bit overreached. 4 days of rest of so could put me back. Lets hope so.
Chris

No comments: